U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with members of the media after a call with military personnel on Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2025, in Palm Beach, Florida, United States.
Anna Rose Leyden | Reuters
The White House on Friday night named The Boston Globe, CBS News, and The Independent as “Media Offenders of the Week,” slamming their coverage of a video released by Democratic lawmakers telling U.S. troops to disobey illegal orders.
The Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent did not immediately respond to requests for comment from CNBC.
Last week, six Democratic members of Congress with military or national security experience released a video reminding service members of their right to refuse illegal orders. President Donald Trump accused them of “sedition” and said “in the old days” it “was punishable by death.”
The FBI is currently seeking to interview Sen. Mark Kelly and other Democrats who appeared in the video.
The White House denies that Trump issued any illegal orders. But some experts say the Pentagon’s horrific operation against suspected drug traffickers in the Caribbean is illegal.
On Friday, the Washington Post reported that Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth had given verbal orders to kill the entire crew of the suspected drug boat. Rep. Seth Moulton (Massachusetts), a Marine Corps veteran, told the newspaper that the Americans would eventually be prosecuted for the crime “as either a war crime or outright murder.”
