Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

How much does an athlete receive if they win a medal?

February 16, 2026

‘Eat, Pray, Love’: How Elizabeth Gilbert helped women conquer the world

February 16, 2026

Coventry City are a cause for concern after losing top spot in the Championship | Soccer News

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Home » Ivan Toney: England striker leaves door open for Premier League return, reveals World Cup hopes | Soccer News
Sports

Ivan Toney: England striker leaves door open for Premier League return, reveals World Cup hopes | Soccer News

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 16, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Al Ahly striker and England World Cup favorite Ivan Toney has not ruled out a return to the Premier League after turning down an offer in January in favor of staying in Saudi Arabia.

More than 18 months after his surprise £40m move to Al Ahly from Brentford in August 2024, Toney has revealed he is enjoying life in Saudi Arabia despite having the opportunity to leave the club and rejoin the Premier League team.

Tony finished second to Cristiano Ronaldo in the race for the Golden Boot in the Saudi Pro League last season as Al Ahly won the Asian Champions League and hosted the Saudi Super Cup in August. The 29-year-old scored 30 goals in all competitions in his debut season in Saudi Arabia.

When asked about the possibility of a return to England, Toney told Sky Sports News: “Never say never.”

“First of all, I had goals that I wanted to achieve here, and the club signed me to a long-term contract.

“I want to give back to them and bring them trophies. In football and in life, you never know what’s going to happen around the corner. You never know what the next step will be.

“I feel comfortable here and I like being here. I’m doing well, the numbers speak for themselves and I’m calm. I’m enjoying my football and I don’t see any reason to leave here to get back to where I was.”

Use Chrome Browser for a more accessible video player


tony pen

See Tony’s dramatic final penalty against Al Ahly from every angle, which secured their victory over Al Ta’oun in the Saudi Pro League.

Toney’s move to Saudi Arabia, who had just appeared at the Euros with England, was criticized by some, with some suggesting the move diminished the Three Lions’ chances.

Toney’s only appearance under England manager Thomas Tuchel was a two-minute cameo against Senegal in June 2025. Since then, the striker has failed to receive a call-up in three camps.

But Toney believes he has a lot to offer Tuchel’s side and still holds out hopes of being recalled ahead of this summer’s World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Al Ahly's Ivan Toni celebrates with supporters after victory over Al Nasr in the Saudi Super Cup final
image:
Tony scored 30 goals in all competitions in his first season with Al Ahly.

“It means a lot (to play in the World Cup),” Toney said.

“I’ve never played in a World Cup. That would be a dream, everyone dreams of it.

“If we win it would be a huge thing for the country. You all have a vision of what will happen and if it comes true it will be a blessing.

Ivan Toney last represented England in the friendly defeat to Senegal in June.
image:
Toney last represented England in the friendly defeat to Senegal in June.

“All I can do is keep scoring goals. That gives me the best chance possible,” Toni added.

“This could be my last chance. Whatever is best for the country. It is the manager who chooses the team and you have to respect that.

“I feel much better in shape and my stats speak for themselves, my running stats are also high.

“I’m not going to just sit back and relax. I’m working harder and it shows in the stats. I’m helping the guys around me. He’s going to get a goalscorer who’s hungry to play.”

“Yes, I have a high salary, but I still want to do a good job. This is no time to sit back and relax. I want to take on challenges and achieve big things.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Coventry City are a cause for concern after losing top spot in the Championship | Soccer News

February 16, 2026

Fernando Alonso: The Aston Martin driver said team principal Adrian Newey gave him confidence that he would ultimately have the “best car” in F1. F1 News

February 16, 2026

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rory McIlroy regrets “destructive tee shot” and “big number,” but works hard to return to PGA Tour | Golf News

February 16, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

Marco Rubio wants to build a “new century for the West.” Will Europe also participate? |Political news

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 16, 2026

Speaking at the annual Munich Security Conference on Saturday, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio…

Donald Trump flees blockade of Venezuela and boards US military tanker in Indian Ocean | Donald Trump News

February 15, 2026

Indulgence at a price? How Donald Trump is rethinking presidential pardons | Donald Trump News

February 15, 2026
Top Trending

Blackstone backs Neysa with up to $1.2 billion in funding as India pushes to build domestic AI infrastructure

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 15, 2026

Indian AI infrastructure startup Neysa has secured support from US private equity…

As AI data centers reach power limits, Peak XV helps Indian startup C2i solve bottlenecks

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 15, 2026

Power, not compute, is rapidly becoming the limiting factor in AI data…

Longtime NPR host David Greene sues Google over NotebookLM voice

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 15, 2026

David Greene, the longtime host of NPR’s Morning Edition, is suing Google,…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.