Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

OpenAI, Reliance partner adds AI search to JioHotstar

February 19, 2026

Prime Minister James Cameron sends scathing letter to antitrust lawmakers

February 19, 2026

New York state cancels driverless ride-sharing program outside New York City in blow to Waymo

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Home » King Charles’ brother Andrew arrested on suspicion of misconduct
World

King Charles’ brother Andrew arrested on suspicion of misconduct

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


File photo: Britain’s Prince Andrew leaves Westminster Abbey after the coronation of King Charles and Queen Camilla on May 6, 2023 in London, England.

Toby Melville | Reuters

British police arrested King Charles III’s younger brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office, with the king expressing “deep concern” over recent developments.

Previous reports from the BBC and the Daily Telegraph said British police were seen arriving at Mr Andrew’s estate in Sandringham, England, on Thursday morning.

Thames Valley Police said in a statement that a man in his 60s from Norfolk, who did not want to be named, had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office and searches were being carried out at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

“Following a thorough investigation, we have launched an investigation into allegations of misconduct in public office,” Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a police statement.

“As we work with our partners to investigate this alleged crime, it is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of the investigation,” he said, adding: “We understand the significant public interest in this case and will provide updates in due course.”

King Charles’ reaction

Buckingham Palace initially declined to comment on the matter, but the king soon issued a statement.

In a statement sent to CNBC from Buckingham Palace, the king said: “It is with deep concern that I learned of the news regarding Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the allegations of misconduct in public office.”

“There will now be a full, fair and appropriate process whereby this matter is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” he added.

Prince Charles said police had the “full and wholehearted support and cooperation” of the royal family.

“Let me be clear: the law should move in that direction. It would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter as this process continues,” he said.

Men get out of an unmarked car at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s home in Sandringham, Norfolk, on February 19, 2026. Andrew Moonbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office following a police investigation into the recently released Epstein files. The former prince continues to deny any wrongdoing.

Peter Nichols Getty Images Entertainment | Getty Images

former prince

Andrew, the king’s younger brother and the second son of the late Queen Elizabeth II, has been under intense scrutiny for his relationship with the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and for allegedly sexually assaulting 17-year-old Virginia Giuffre, a well-known victim of Epstein’s sex trafficking.

Mr. Andrew has denied any wrongdoing in connection with Mr. Epstein or met with Mr. Giuffre, and there is no indication that his arrest on Thursday is connected to Mr. Giuffre, who died in 2025.

Thames Valley Police previously said they were “assessing” a report alleging he sent a confidential trade report to Mr Epstein in 2010, when he was Britain’s international trade envoy. CNBC has reached out to Andrew’s spokesperson for further comment on the arrest.

The public outcry over Andrew’s relationship with disgraced financier Epstein had far-reaching effects. The former prince has been stripped of his royal titles, including “His Royal Highness” and “Prince,” and is no longer a working royal.

Andrew was also forced to move from his Windsor estate, Royal Lodge, to a smaller mansion on Charles’ Sandringham Estate. The king has cut Andrew’s annual personal allowance and security funding, but is paying for new accommodation.

General view of the entrance to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s home, Wood Farm, Sandringham, Norfolk, 19 February 2026.

Peter Nichols Getty Images Entertainment | Getty Images

British Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary David Lammy told CNBC on Thursday that the arrests showed “no one is above the law.”

“This is currently under police investigation and must be done as it should,” he told CNBC’s Arjun Karpal at the AI ​​Impact Summit in India.

Police have not provided details or details about the charges they are investigating or what led to the arrest.

British police can detain suspects without charge for 24 hours, but this can be extended to 36 or 96 hours with special permission.

—CNBC’s Kai Nicol-Schwarz and Arjun Kharpal contributed to this report.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Prime Minister James Cameron sends scathing letter to antitrust lawmakers

February 19, 2026

Incentives for workers to change jobs are diminishing

February 19, 2026

Accenture tells senior staff to use AI or lose promotions

February 19, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

President Trump announces billions of dollars in aid to Gaza at peace committee meeting | Gaza News

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 19, 2026

Donald Trump announced contributions to the Gaza Reconstruction Fund at the Peace Council’s first meeting.listen…

President Trump suggests Iran has 10 days to reach deal with US | Donald Trump News

February 19, 2026

“Proof of concept”? What President Trump Can Achieve at First Peace Commission Summit | Donald Trump News

February 19, 2026
Top Trending

OpenAI, Reliance partner adds AI search to JioHotstar

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 19, 2026

OpenAI partners with Reliance to add AI-powered conversational search to the Indian…

Reload wants to provide shared memory to AI agents

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 19, 2026

Newton Asare realized that AI agents are no longer just tools. “They…

OpenAI reportedly signs $100 billion deal at valuation of more than $850 billion

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 19, 2026

OpenAI could be valued at more than $850 billion and is close…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.