Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

Conor Benn signs ‘legacy fight’ deal with Dana White and Zuffa Boxing after Eddie Hearn leaves Matchroom | News Boxing News

February 21, 2026

Blue Owl software lending causes another tremor in private credit

February 21, 2026

Brazil’s Lula says Maduro should be tried in Venezuela instead of the US | Nicolás Maduro News

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Home » Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor: How the surprising photo of the former prince leaving police custody was taken
International

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor: How the surprising photo of the former prince leaving police custody was taken

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


london
—

Most of the time, the country’s top newspapers display various photos on their front pages. But on Friday, the images on Britain’s front pages were all the same.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is pictured leaving a police station on his 66th birthday. He was hunched over in the back seat of the car, looking shocked.

On Thursday, Mountbatten-Windsor became the first member of the British royal family to be arrested in modern history, spending more than 10 hours in police custody at a train station in the small English town of Aylsham, about an hour from his new home at Sandringham’s royal residence.

“The photography gods were on our side yesterday,” said Reuters senior photographer Phil Noble, who took the incredible photos.

Noble, who is based in northern England, rushed about five hours south to Norfolk after news of the arrest broke on Thursday morning.

Through guesswork and some good sources, his two-man team zeroed in on what was likely the correct police station. Thames Valley Police Station has around 20 police stations where the former prince could have been taken, so he had to wait and see.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, brother of Britain's King Charles III, left Aylsham Police Station on Thursday night.

“This was probably the fourth or fifth police station Reuters visited that night,” Noble said. “When I arrived, there was nothing out of the ordinary. There were no cars. There was no activity.”

“Honestly, right before he arrived, I was leaving to go back to the hotel…and my colleague Marissa messaged me and said, ‘Look, two cars just arrived, so I think you should come back,'” Nobel candidly said in a video explaining how the shooting came about.

And then the race actually began. “I spun the car back and within a minute of coming back the shutters of the police station garage went up and two cars took off. He (Mountbatten-Windsor) was in one of them,” a Reuters photographer said.

Noble explained that there are many variables in a stakeout photo. Part of the job is preparation, skills, and experience. It also requires a willingness to stand on an English country road in the dark for hours at a time, not knowing if anything of note will happen.

“Maybe 30 minutes before I took the photo, I had taken some test shots of other cars leaving the police station, so I had a rough idea…but it was probably the camera settings,” Noble, who has worked at Reuters for more than 20 years, explained. Previously, he worked in photography for the British Press Association and the Manchester Evening News.

“But still, luck is more important than judgment when the car comes out. You have to try to guess where he is sitting, which side of the car he is on. Is he in the front? Is he in the back? Will the flash be reused in time?”

According to Reuters, he shot six frames in total. Two were blank, one was out of focus, and two showed police officers. But one photo captured that special moment.

“The accuracy of any car shot is really, really low,” he added. “Last night was one of those pinch moments where you look behind the camera and you’re tired, it’s been a long day… you can’t believe he’s there.”

Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was released late on Thursday night “pending investigation”. Police have not disclosed how the former prince was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, but he served as Britain’s trade envoy for 10 years starting in 2001, but resigned in 2011 after coming under fire over his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The former prince has not publicly responded to the latest allegations, which emerged after the US Department of Justice released millions of documents related to Epstein. Mr Mountbatten-Windsor has repeatedly denied any allegations of wrongdoing, saying he never witnessed or suspected Mr Epstein of any of the acts he is accused of.

Asked about the photo, Noble said that while it’s not a work of art, it’s definitely one of the most newsworthy photos he’s ever taken.

“Best photo? Probably not. You know, this one shot a guy out the back of the windshield at night,” Noble said with a little laugh. “Is it the best photo I’ve ever taken? No. Is it up there with one of the most important photos? 100 percent.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Man charged with hate crime after truck crashes into synagogue in Australia

February 20, 2026

How is Iran preparing for a possible U.S. military attack?

February 20, 2026

The British government is considering removing Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from the throne. Other consequences he could face include:

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

Brazil’s Lula says Maduro should be tried in Venezuela instead of the US | Nicolás Maduro News

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 21, 2026

Brazil’s President Lula said the fate of Venezuela’s president should be decided by “the Venezuelan…

White House announces that President Trump will visit China for three days next month | Donald Trump News

February 21, 2026

The US military has announced that three people were killed in an attack on a ship in the Pacific Ocean. donald trump news

February 20, 2026
Top Trending

As competition intensifies, India’s Sarvam launches Indus AI chat app

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

Sarvam, an Indian AI startup focused on building models for local languages…

Great news for xAI: Grok is now pretty good at answering questions about Baldur’s Gate

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

Different AI labs have different priorities. For example, OpenAI has traditionally focused…

InScope wins $14.5 million to solve financial reporting problems

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

Even if you don’t have an accounting background, anyone who has ever…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.