Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

Experts warn that tariff refunds could take years as U.S. Supreme Court ruling continues | Trade War News

February 20, 2026

With T-48 hours left until potentially major northeast snowstorm, forecast models can’t get any further away.

February 20, 2026

Oliver Glasner: Crystal Palace manager questions his future after fan backlash | Soccer News

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Home » Iran says U.S. military buildup is ‘unnecessary and useless’; agreement is achievable | Political News
Trump

Iran says U.S. military buildup is ‘unnecessary and useless’; agreement is achievable | Political News

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


listen to this article | 4 minutes

information

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said his country was “prepared for peace” and ready for diplomacy with the United States, suggesting the possibility of an agreement between the two countries remained close despite U.S. threats.

Araghchi appeared on the US television network MS NOW on Friday and emphasized that there is no military solution to Iran’s nuclear program.

Recommended stories

list of 3 itemsend of list

“A diplomatic solution is within our reach and easily achieved,” Araghchi said.

He denounced America’s massive military buildup in the Middle East, which includes two aircraft carriers and dozens of fighter jets, as “unnecessary and useless.”

“I have been in this business for the past 20 years and have negotiated with various parties. I know that an agreement is achievable, but it must be fair and based on a win-win solution,” Iran’s top diplomat said.

“Military options will only complicate matters and have dire consequences not only for us but perhaps for the entire region and the entire international community.”

Hours after Aragushi’s interview, US President Donald Trump was asked about the possibility of a limited strike against Iran to improve Washington’s negotiating position.

“I can tell you we’re considering it,” Trump told reporters.

But Araghchi warned that Iranians are “proud people” who will only respond to “words of respect.”

“Previous U.S. administrations, and even the current U.S. administration, have tried just about everything against us: war, sanctions, snapbacks, and nothing has worked,” he said.

The United States and Iran have held two rounds of talks in the past month, and officials from both countries have said negotiations are positive.

Still, the Trump administration continues to accumulate military assets around Iran.

Multiple ship-tracking websites reported Friday that the world’s largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, entered the Mediterranean Sea through the Strait of Gibraltar on its way to the Gulf region.

On Thursday, the US president said the Iranian government had 10 days to reach an agreement with Washington. The deadline was later extended by up to 15 days. He said last week that a deal needs to be finalized within the next month.

President Trump also regularly makes threats against Iran, including warning of “very severe” and “traumatic” consequences for Iran.

Last June, the United States participated in Israel’s attack on Iran, bombing three of the country’s major nuclear facilities.

President Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the attack “annihilated” Iran’s nuclear program.

Tensions between the United States and Iran rose again late last year, when President Trump threatened to resume attacks on Iran if it rebuilds its nuclear program and missile force.

The status of Iran’s nuclear program has not been confirmed by international observers, and the whereabouts of the country’s highly enriched uranium remains unknown to the public.

The Iranian government maintains its right to enrich uranium, saying it does not violate its commitments under the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).

But President Trump and his aides have previously said they want Iran to completely dismantle its nuclear program.

Enrichment is the process of isolating and collecting rare foreign isotopes of uranium that can cause nuclear fission.

At low levels, enriched uranium can be used to generate electricity in power plants. If it is enriched to about 90%, it can be used to make nuclear weapons.

Iran denies developing a nuclear bomb but has said it is prepared to impose strict oversight and limits on its enrichment activities but will not abandon the program completely.

“The US side is not calling for zero enrichment,” Arraguchi said on Friday, which appears to contradict the Trump administration’s public position.

Iran’s foreign minister said the next step in the negotiations is for Iran to submit a written proposal for a deal to U.S. negotiators led by President Trump’s special envoy Steve Witkoff, after which the two sides could finalize the text of the deal.

“We agreed on a set of negotiating guidelines and what the agreement would look like,” Araghchi said.

“And we have been asked to prepare a draft of a possible agreement. So the next time we meet, we will be able to consider that draft, begin negotiating its text and hopefully reach a conclusion.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Experts warn that tariff refunds could take years as U.S. Supreme Court ruling continues | Trade War News

February 20, 2026

In a major blow to President Trump, US Supreme Court invalidates his global tariffs | Donald Trump News

February 20, 2026

In Gaza, President Trump’s peace commission met with deep skepticism and little hope. Israeli-Palestinian conflict

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

Experts warn that tariff refunds could take years as U.S. Supreme Court ruling continues | Trade War News

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

The U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling against President Donald Trump’s sweeping global tariff policies leaves unanswered…

Iran says U.S. military buildup is ‘unnecessary and useless’; agreement is achievable | Political News

February 20, 2026

In a major blow to President Trump, US Supreme Court invalidates his global tariffs | Donald Trump News

February 20, 2026
Top Trending

Endowment for Humanity-funded group backs candidate, attacked by rival AI super PAC

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

Late last year, New York State Congressman Alex Boas was the target…

Disrupt 2026 super early bird pricing ends in one week

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

Super early bird pricing for TechCrunch Disrupt 2026 ends on February 27th…

Peak XV raises $1.3 billion in India as global venture capital competition intensifies, doubles down on AI

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 20, 2026

Peak XV announced Friday that it has raised $1.3 billion across a…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.