Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

Yoon Seok-yeol: South Korea punishes former president who thought he could destroy democracy

February 21, 2026

Man City 2 – 1 Newcastle

February 21, 2026

Airlines begin canceling flights ahead of another huge winter storm

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
WhistleBuzz – Smart News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends
Home » JP Morgan admits it closed President Trump’s account after January 6th attack
Politics

JP Morgan admits it closed President Trump’s account after January 6th attack

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


President Donald Trump (left) and JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon.

Reuters

JP Morgan Chase He acknowledged for the first time that he closed the bank accounts of President Donald Trump and several of his companies in the political and legal fallout from the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol. This is the latest development in the legal dispute surrounding the controversial ‘unbanking’ practice.

The admission was made public in a court filing this week in Trump’s lawsuit against the bank and its leader, Jamie Dimon. The president sued for $5 billion, alleging that his accounts were closed for political reasons and his business operations were disrupted.

“In February 2021, JPMorgan notified Plaintiffs that certain accounts maintained in JPMorgan’s CB and PB would be closed,” Dan Wilkening, JPMorgan’s former chief administrative officer, wrote in a court filing. “PB” and “CB” represent JPMorgan Private Bank and Commercial Bank.

JPMorgan has never acknowledged closing the president’s accounts and has offered only hypotheticals about when and why the bank would close the accounts.

Emails and text messages sent to a bank spokesperson were not returned.

Trump initially sued JPMorgan in Florida state court, where Trump currently resides. JPMorgan Chase is considering moving the case to New York, where its bank accounts are located and where until recently much of President Trump’s business activities were conducted.

President Trump accused the trade bank of defamation, and Dimon himself of violating Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

In the original lawsuit, Mr. Trump claimed that he tried to raise the issue with Mr. Dimon privately after banks began closing his accounts, and that Mr. Dimon promised Mr. Trump that he would find out what was going on. The complaint alleges that Dimon failed to follow up with Trump.

Trump’s lawyers also claim that JPMorgan has put the president and his company on a reputational “blacklist” that JPMorgan and other banks are using to prevent customers from opening future accounts.

JPMorgan previously said it believed the lawsuit lacked merit.

Debanking occurs when a bank closes a customer’s account or refuses to do business with the customer in the form of a loan or other service. Once a relatively obscure issue in the financial world, bank abolishment has become a politically charged issue in recent years, with conservative politicians arguing that banks discriminate against banks and their related interests.

“In a devastating concession that proves President Trump’s entire argument, JPMorgan Chase has admitted that it unlawfully and intentionally debanked President Trump, his family, and his businesses, causing overwhelming financial harm,” the president’s lawyers said in a statement. “President Trump is standing up for all those who have had their bank accounts wrongfully taken away by JPMorgan Chase and its peers, and he will see this lawsuit reach a fair and appropriate conclusion.”

Debanking first became a national issue when conservatives accused the Obama administration of pressuring banks to stop expanding services to gun stores and payday lenders under Operation Choke Point.

President Trump and other prominent conservatives have claimed that banks blocked deposits from their accounts following the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol based on the umbrella term “reputational risk.” Since President Trump returned to office, his banking regulators have moved to ban any bank from using “reputational risk” as a reason to deny service to a customer.

This is not the first time Trump has filed suit against a major bank for having his bank account removed. Trump Organization sues credit card giant capital one in March 2025 for similar reasons and allegations. The case is ongoing.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

President Trump raises global tariffs from 10% to 15%, “effective immediately”

February 21, 2026

President Trump announces additional 10% tariffs worldwide, enraged by Supreme Court defeat

February 20, 2026

Refunds could exceed $175 billion

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

World reacts as U.S. Supreme Court limits President Trump’s tariff powers | Donald Trump News

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 21, 2026

President Donald Trump imposed new 10% tariffs worldwide after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down…

Brazil’s Lula says Maduro should be tried in Venezuela instead of the US | Nicolás Maduro News

February 21, 2026

White House announces that President Trump will visit China for three days next month | Donald Trump News

February 21, 2026
Top Trending

Sam Altman wants us to remember that humans also use a lot of energy.

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 21, 2026

Speaking at an event hosted by The Indian Express this week, OpenAI…

Microsoft’s new gaming CEO vows not to flood ecosystem with ‘endless AI slop’

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 21, 2026

Microsoft on Friday announced a major shake-up of its gaming, with Microsoft…

OpenAI debates whether to report Canadian gunman suspect’s chats to police

By Editor-In-ChiefFebruary 21, 2026

The 18-year-old suspected of killing eight people in the Tumbler Ridge mass…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.