U.S. President Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr. walk on the South Lawn toward the White House on May 3, 2026 in Washington, DC.
Mandel Gunn | AFP | Getty Images
President Donald Trump said Friday that he will not attend this weekend’s wedding of his eldest son Donald Trump Jr. and socialite Bettina Anderson.
The president indicated Thursday that he would not be able to attend the wedding, which will reportedly take place in the Bahamas, as he focuses on the conflict with Iran and other issues.
“I wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump family, but my soon-to-be wife, Bettina, the government, and my love for the United States of America will not allow that,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.
“I feel it is important for me to remain in the White House in Washington, D.C. at this critical time,” Trump wrote. “Congratulations, Don and Bettina. President Donald J. Trump.”
“The president wants me to go, but it’s just a small, little private incident and I’m going to manage it,” the president told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday.
“This is not a good time for me,” Trump said. “I have issues like Iran. That’s an issue I can’t win.” “If you attend, you will be killed. If you do not attend, you will be killed by fake news.”
“I hope they have a wonderful married life.”
Trump Jr., who runs the Trump Organization with his brother Eric, was previously married to Vanessa Trump and they have five children. The 48-year-old currently serves as the US ambassador to Greece and was previously engaged to Kimberly Guilfoyle, the ex-wife of California Governor Gavin Newwom.
Anderson, 39, works as a model and is active in charity work in Palm Beach, Florida.
Vanessa Trump, who is dating famous golfer Tiger Woods, revealed in an Instagram post on Wednesday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
