Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

Binance allows AI agents to trade, but it is largely up to users to suppress them

August 20, 2026

Bond yields rise slightly as traders digest Treasury bond buyback plan

August 20, 2026

Erin Patterson: How a crowded hotel could lead to the retrial of an Australian mushroom killer

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Smart Breaking News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends | WhistleBuzz
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
Smart Breaking News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends | WhistleBuzz
Home » Iran considers attacking military targets in Europe if war escalates: FT
Politics

Iran considers attacking military targets in Europe if war escalates: FT

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefAugust 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


The Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing two administration insiders, that Iran is considering attacking U.S. military targets in Europe if the war escalates.

The FT reported that US assets in Bulgaria and Cyprus were considered as potential targets.

CNBC reached out to Iran’s Foreign Ministry for comment, but it has not independently verified this article.

Negotiations between Washington and Iran to end the war have stalled with little sign of restarting, leaving the warring sides to consider the next steps in the protracted conflict.

UAE cuts off trade with Iran

The United Arab Emirates announced on Wednesday that all “trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions” with Iran would be suspended until further notice. The UAE Ministry of Defense announced on Tuesday that it had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran into its territorial waters.

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the United States is not currently in any talks with the Iranian government and has no plans to resume talks. He also ruled out extending the 60-day ceasefire agreement, which expired on Monday after the deal effectively collapsed.

The key point of contention remains sea control of the Strait of Hormuz. President Trump reiterated that the vital shipping waterway is open and operating under U.S. control.

However, vessel traffic passing through this route is still observed to be extremely low. Earlier this week, a cargo ship transiting the strait was attacked, leaving one person dead.

Read more US-Iran war news

Fox News quoted an Iranian military spokesperson on Tuesday as saying that ships attempting to pass through the strait “will find some beautiful holes in their hulls.”

Meanwhile, President Trump expanded his verbal attacks on longtime U.S. allies. The president on Monday threatened to “bomb” Oman if the Gulf state “gets in the way” of his goals in the Middle East.

He also accused Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth of failing to support South Korea’s military operations in Iran and ordered him to “significantly scale back” joint training exercises with South Korea, citing its friendly relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

— CNBC’s Emma Graham and Spencer Kimball contributed to this article.

Never miss the most trusted news moments in business news when you choose CNBC as your preferred source on Google.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Iran adviser disputes President Trump’s claim that economy is collapsing

August 20, 2026

President Trump says cutting back on US-South Korea exercises poses more risks than joint military readiness

August 20, 2026

President Trump declares ‘economic war’ on Iran, threatens supporters

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

US national debt exceeds record high of $40 trillion | Business and Economic News

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 19, 2026

The United States’ total debt has exceeded $40 trillion for the first time, raising concerns…

US military newspaper publisher resigns due to disagreement with government | Donald Trump News

August 19, 2026

Pentagon asks NATO allies about political loyalty, documents reveal | NATO News

August 19, 2026
Top Trending

Binance allows AI agents to trade, but it is largely up to users to suppress them

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 20, 2026

Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange with more than 300 million registered…

Cognition CEO denies reports that SpaceX was trying to acquire the startup

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 19, 2026

Elon Musk’s SpaceX has attempted to acquire AI coding startup Cognition in…

OpenAI aims to surpass Anthropic with new customer privacy protections

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 19, 2026

As AI models become more powerful, the potential for them to be…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.