Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

President Xi says China needs ‘unyielding fighting spirit’, praises Tiananmen incident

August 17, 2026

Strait of Hormuz shipping slows as US-Iran ceasefire nears end

August 17, 2026

Kushner to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to advance President Trump’s Gaza plan News from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Smart Breaking News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends | WhistleBuzz
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
Smart Breaking News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends | WhistleBuzz
Home » Ferrari Luce: EV model becomes $40 million collector’s item
World

Ferrari Luce: EV model becomes $40 million collector’s item

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefAugust 17, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Ferrari’s first fully electric car, Luce. An image of a handout obtained by Reuters on May 25, 2026, after the luxury sports car maker unveiled the model.

Ferrari | via Reuters

personalized model Ferrari”The company’s first fully electric car sold for $40 million in a charity sale, defying market skepticism and setting a record for a new car sold at auction.

Sotheby’s TaylorMade Luce auction held at Monterey Car Week in California announced that the lot represented a “unique opportunity” to acquire the first production chassis of the Luce program, featuring a unique semi-gloss finish and other custom parts.

The auction house did not reveal the name of the buyer of the luxury car and said the proceeds would go to the Ferrari Educational Programs Foundation. Ferrari’s ‘Made to Order’ program is an exclusive initiative for cars customized to the buyer’s exact specifications.

The blockbuster auction comes almost three months after Ferrari unveiled its first fully electric car, which sold for 550,000 euros (about $640,000). The move marks a departure from typical Ferrari aesthetics and comes even as other sports car makers, notably Porsche and Lamborghini, have scaled back their EV launch plans due to weak demand.

Luce’s announcement provoked a negative market reaction, with analysts citing a combination of “design haters” and the classic market adage “travel and arrive” and pointing out that Ferrari’s stock price had risen significantly in advance of the launch.

Ferrari CEO Benedetto Vigna said at the time that the Maranello, Italy-based company respects the different needs and wishes of its customers, adding that existing customers will be interested in the Luce and the automaker will welcome new buyers thanks to its fully electric model.

Ferrari last month beat Wall Street’s second-quarter forecasts and raised its full-year forecast, citing stronger-than-expected demand for personalization. Milan-listed Ferrari shares have risen nearly 12% since the beginning of the year.

Make CNBC your preferred source on Google and never miss a moment from the most trusted names in business news.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Strait of Hormuz shipping slows as US-Iran ceasefire nears end

August 17, 2026

Japanese automakers vulnerable to the one-two punch of Iran war and strong yen

August 16, 2026

CNBC Daily Open: Trump, Iran, Oil, Hormuz, China, Berkshire, Humanity

August 16, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

Kushner to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to advance President Trump’s Gaza plan News from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 17, 2026

The meeting came a day after US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law held an unusual meeting…

President Trump says the US will “significantly reduce” military exercises with South Korea | Donald Trump News

August 16, 2026

US-Iran memorandum of understanding approaches expiration: What you need to know | Politics News

August 16, 2026
Top Trending

Why people aren’t buying Mark Zuckerberg’s AI future

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 16, 2026

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg published a 6,500-word essay this week in which…

Anthropic CEO says AI backlash is ‘fundamentally a crisis of trust’

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 16, 2026

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei recently pushed back at the idea that the…

Woman claims her stepfather used Grok to convert her childhood photos into explicit images

By Editor-In-ChiefAugust 15, 2026

A woman known as Jane Doe 4 has joined a lawsuit brought…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.