Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

PGA Championship: LIV Golf stars Jon Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau have vastly different major weeks with wins over Aaron Rye’s Aronimink | Golf News

May 18, 2026

Ask the experts how universities can prepare students for the AI ​​workforce

May 18, 2026

Jury rules against Musk in legal battle with OpenAI’s Sam Altman

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Smart Breaking News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends | WhistleBuzz
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • AI
  • Art & Style
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Market
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trump
  • US
  • World
Smart Breaking News on AI, Business, Politics & Global Trends | WhistleBuzz
Home » Cuban president warns of ‘bloodshed’ if US takes military action
International

Cuban president warns of ‘bloodshed’ if US takes military action

Editor-In-ChiefBy Editor-In-ChiefMay 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel warned on Monday that a U.S. military attack on Cuba “will result in bloodshed with incalculable consequences” as tensions rise between Havana and Washington.

“Cuba poses no threat and has no offensive plans or intentions against any country. It has none against the United States and never has, and the Cuban government knows that well,” the leader said in a post on X.

Díaz-Canel added that Cuba “already suffers from a multifaceted invasion by the United States” and that it “has an absolute and legitimate right to defend itself against military attack,” but argued that this “cannot logically or honestly be used as an excuse to impose war on the noble Cuban people.”

Bilateral relations are at their worst level in decades due to renewed pressure from US President Donald Trump and a spiraling energy crisis on the communist-ruled island. Cuba’s energy minister said last week that last-minute oil donations from Russia had dried up and Cubans would have to endure further power outages.

In a further blow to the island, Reuters reported on Sunday that shipping giants Hapag-Lloyd and CMA CGM will suspend ship operations to and from Cuba to comply with new rules from the Trump administration. CNN has contacted both companies.

This move is likely to exacerbate food shortages on the island. For decades, the collapse of Cuba’s agricultural sector and economic mismanagement meant that the government imported much of the food the island consumed. Items once produced in large quantities on the island, such as sugar, coffee and tobacco, are now imported.

In recent months, President Trump has often predicted the end of Castro’s regime in remarks to the press.

“They’re going to have to come to us,” Trump told Fox News in an interview broadcast Friday. “This is a failed state. A completely failed state.”

Sources say the United States is preparing to bring charges against former President Raul Castro, going beyond a years-long economic embargo and oil blockade that pushed the island’s energy crisis to its breaking point. The latest indictment would mark a significant escalation in the United States’ stance toward the Cuban government.

On Friday, Trump declined to comment on a possible lawsuit against Castro, saying: “I’ll let the Department of Justice comment on that, but you know they (Cubans) need help.”

Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez said on Monday’s X broadcast that Cuba “has a legitimate right to defend itself against any external aggression.”

“Those who seek to unjustly attack Cuba will use any pretext, no matter how deceptive or ridiculous, to justify an attack that is contrary to U.S. and world opinion,” the official said.

The day before, Rodriguez wrote that the Trump administration was “daily crafting a fraudulent case to justify its relentless economic war and, ultimately, military invasion against the Cuban people.”

CIA Director John Ratcliffe traveled to Havana last week for rare meetings with Interior Department officials and the heads of the island’s intelligence agencies.

For many Cubans, the possibility of a U.S. military attack feels imminent and they are preparing accordingly.

Anticipating such a scenario, Cuba’s Civil Defense Agency has distributed in recent days a “family guide on how to behave in the event of a hypothetical military invasion of Cuba,” recommending, among other things, preparing backpacks with non-perishable items.

The guide urges people to be alert to air raid sirens and is titled “Defend, Resist, Survive and Win”.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor-In-Chief
  • Website

Related Posts

Avoiding drones: Air attackers pursue Ukrainian military and CNN team on main road to front lines

May 18, 2026

Quick facts about Mount St. Helens

May 18, 2026

What did Xi and Trump agree on in China? From the ‘trade commission’ to Boeing planes

May 18, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

News

What you need to know about the Pennsylvania primary election | 2026 US Midterm Election News

By Editor-In-ChiefMay 18, 2026

by News Agency and Associated PressPublished May 18, 2026May 18, 2026In the eastern US state…

2026 Kentucky Primary: Voting times, key races, races to watch | 2026 US Midterm Election News

May 18, 2026

80th day of Iran war: President Trump warns. Tehran ready to confront invasion | US and Israel’s war against Iran News

May 18, 2026
Top Trending

Elon Musk loses lawsuit against Sam Altman and OpenAI

By Editor-In-ChiefMay 18, 2026

Elon Musk’s claims that he was treated unfairly by OpenAI’s co-founders failed…

Amazon’s new Alexa+-powered feature lets you generate podcast episodes

By Editor-In-ChiefMay 18, 2026

Amazon on Monday announced the latest update to Alexa+: the ability to…

South Korea’s LetinAR is building the optical system behind its AI glasses

By Editor-In-ChiefMay 18, 2026

Imagine you’re driving your motorcycle at 100 miles per hour and you…

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Welcome to WhistleBuzz.com (“we,” “our,” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website https://whistlebuzz.com/ (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About US
© 2026 whistlebuzz. Designed by whistlebuzz.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.